Actually worked out today and felt good. 30 minutes of solid cardio at 9200' elevation and a good lower body lift.
Sleeping is still a challenge, but i won't be complaining about anything.
Yesterday I visited my first trauma hospital (the one in the mountains) to pick up all my ski gear.... eery. Took this picture of the flight for life chopper;
not the exact one I flew in (mine was larger so the trauma surgeon and nurse could go with me) but it sits in the exact spot I took off from. I don't remember being there at that hospital that day, but those awesome folks assured me I was there and told me again I shouldn't be walking, and maybe shouldn't be alive. I am one grateful dude.Ventured to Peak 7 and from afar saw the spot where I crashed. Humbling. The knot in my stomach was indescribable. Was a deeply emotional and quite grounding experience.
Like I said, I am so grateful to have survived and to be recovering quickly.
Life is a gift, meant to be enjoyed, pursued, and shared.
I am grateful to share my experiences.... my life..... with all of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment